Kampala City Tour
A Kampala City Tour is a full day excursion around Kampala. It covers the historical, cultural, business, administrative and social aspect of the city. Kampala is capital city of Uganda and derives its name from the graceful impala antelope found on the hill where the Kabaka loved to hunt. Enjoy the magnificent Kampala from its busy vibrant city, to its friendly people and remarkable surroundings
- Historical tours
- Cultural tours
- Social tours
- Administrative tours
- Religious tours
Kampala City Tour Itinerary
- You will be met by your tour guide at the communicated meeting place. The tour guide will brief you about what to expect as you embark on the excursion. After the briefing, the trip will commence. Expect to have a remarkable experience.
- You will be driven to Uganda National museum, Uganda’s biggest and oldest museum founded in 1908. You will enjoy the collection in the museum depicting over two million years of human history counting back. You will be enlightened about Uganda’s traditional musical instrument, tools used in the stone and ice age period, traditional mode of communication, the first car used in Uganda, distinct species of animals and reptiles and the overall traditional way of life in Uganda.
- After the national museum, you will be driven to parliament for only sightseeing and then tour the monuments close to it, including the independence monument. Uganda has a very interesting political history. Your tour guide will be able to explain to you this history up to date.
- Proceed to Namugongo martyrs shrine. Every 3rd of June, Uganda and the rest of the world heads to the Namugongo martyrs shrine to celebrate men and women who were martyred for their faith in God between 1888 and 1887.The martyrs shrine has been endorsed Uganda as the largest pilgrimage destination in Africa. After this tour, you shall have a lunch break as you relax and re-energize for more exciting tours.
- After lunch, you will be driven to Gadaffi mosque, located at Kampala hill. It was commissioned by the late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi of Libya as a gift to Uganda hence it name. You will be given a tour around the mosque and will enjoy climbing up a minaret, a tower structure where the muezzin calls Muslims for prayers. At the top of the minaret, you will be able to have a beautiful view of Kampala.
- From the fascinating tour at the mosque, you will be transferred to Ndere Center for an exquisite evening of music, dance and drama. The Center is a home of cultures. You will enjoy 3 hours of non-stop entertainment as you wind up your Kampala City Tour.